Description: This week Dan and Melissa discuss the three sacred elements of prayer and how understanding them aids in the progress of the prayer life.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Heeding the advice of the saints by establishing three key elements to one’s prayer life will vastly improve his or her prayer experience.
- These three key elements include sacred time, space and attention.
- What is the best time of day to pray?
- Why is a sacred space important to one’s prayer life?
- Will challenges occur even when we are dedicated to deepening our relationship with God? If so, how can we overcome these challenges?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: