30 Days with Teresa of Avila
Day 23 Reflections
Divine Intimacy Radio
St. Teresa diagnoses a spiritual warfare attack of the devil on a fellow nun. Join Dan and Melissa as they discuss St. Teresa’s advice to this nun in a letter from the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How does the devil attack us through temptation?
- St. Teresa diagnoses the cause of another nun’s personal struggles.
- Does St. Teresa contradict St. Ignatius’ Rules for Discerning of Spirits?
- How can we resist attacks from the enemy?
- “Breaking the silence” to fight the devil.
- Overcoming trials by serving others.
- Advice to avoid misusing the teachings of the saints.
- Why does spiritual progress increase the need for good spiritual direction?
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – Online
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 – USCCB Bible link “God is faithful and will not let you be tried beyond your strength…”
- 1 Peter 5:8-9 -USCCB Bible link of the verse found in Tuesday’s Night Prayer of the Liturgy of the Hours “Stay sober and alert…”
- James 4:7 – USCCB Bible link “Resist the devil and he will flee from you.”
- The Discernment of Spirits – An Ignatian Guide for Everyday Living – Fr. Timothy M. Gallagher, O.M.V. (Oblate of the Virgin Mary)
- 14 Rules for Discerning of Spirits – Text from St. Ignatius with links to podcasts by Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- Divine Office – Liturgy of the Hours – Online
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: