In the years I have been maintaining my personal blog (www.jimmyakin.org), I have uploaded something over 4700 posts (according to current statistics). This makes it a bit hard to remember everything I’ve put up.
Fortunately, I have the memories of readers to remind me, and one reader in particular has reminded me that there are some posts that I had forgotten to include in the Annual Lent Fight that I uploaded yesterday.
These posts concern, in particular, the Church’s laws concerning Ash Wednesday and its laws regarding fasting.
As a result, I’ve done some link updating.
Since Ash Wednesday is a day of both fast and abstinence, I have chosen to repeat here the relevant links, along with this introductory note citing the main differences.
I hope this helps, and I wish all a tranquil and spiritually productive season of Lent.
- THE DURATION OF LENT
- LET’S COUNT THE DAYS OF LENT
- “FORTY” DAYS
- THE INFAMOUS SUNDAYS IN LENT CONTROVERSY: I, II, III, IV,V
PENANCE IN GENERAL
- THE LAW OF FAST: FOOD
- FASTING AND BEVERAGES
- FASTING AND “APPROVED LOCAL CUSTOM”
- FASTING AND “NO SECOND MEAL”
- FASTING AND “SOME FOOD IN MORNING AND EVENING”
- A SHORT PRIMER ON FASTING (BY SDG RATHER THAN JIMMY)
- MORE ON FASTING (BY SDG RATHER THAN JIMMY)
- THE LAW OF ABSTINENCE
- FISHING INDUSTRY HOAX
- CAPYBARAS AND OTHER AQUATIC NON-FISH
- SOLEMNITIES THAT FALL ON FRIDAY DURING LENT
- SOUPS MADE WITH MEAT
FRIDAY PENANCE OUTSIDE OF LENT
What do you think?