Join Dan and Stephanie Burke as they answer your questions about the difference between penance and mortification, being misunderstood in the workplace, reflecting on the Old Testament, and wrestling with countless temptations.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What is the difference between penance and mortification?
- Mortification brings us strength of the will.
- How can one handle being misunderstood continuously, so much so that it affects one’s reputation?
- How can one best read the Old Testament when it feels as though the God of the Old Testament is so different than the Trinitarian God that we find in the New Testament?
- How does one cope with a constant flood of temptations?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Colossians 1:24 – USCCB Bible link
- Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist by Brant Pitre
- The Seven Deadly Sins by Dr. Kevin Vost
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: