Which sins are the most detrimental to our relationship with God? Dan Burke and Melissa Elson discover the answer to this question as they speak with Dr. Kevin Vost about his book The Seven Deadly Sins: A Thomistic Guide to Vanquishing Vice and Sin.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What are the seven deadly sins and where are they in the Bible?
- Why are these sins “deadly”?
- Who are some of the key figures in Church history who helped develop our understanding of these sins and what we can do about them?
- Which sin did St. Thomas Aquinas say most directly opposed the Great Commandment to love God with all that we are?
- What are the “daughters” of the deadly sins and how might understanding them further our spiritual growth?
- What is sloth or acedia?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- The Seven Deadly Sins by Dr. Kevin Vost
- Catechism of the Catholic Church Paragraph 1866 – the capital sins
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: