Description: Dan Burke and Melissa Elson answer your questions about despair, discernment, and distractions in prayer.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How do we discern or recognize if we’re under spiritual attack?
- How should one discern his or her vocation?
- How does mental prayer affect our ability to discern properly?
- How can we properly discern the truth from lies in our thoughts?
- How can I keep my thoughts from wandering during prayer?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep – Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- A Catholic Guide to Mindfulness by Susan Brinkmann, OCDS
- Searching for and Maintaining Peace by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Who Are You? a SpiritualDirection.com post by Dan Burke
- The Imitation of Christ by Thomas à Kempis
- In Conversation with God by Francis Fernandez
- The Contemplative Rosary by Dan Burke and Connie Rossini
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: