An Integrated Approach to Depression
The Catholic Guide to Depression
Description: Depression is a serious illness that is becoming more and more prevalent in our society. Today, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson speak with Dr. Aaron Kheriaty about his book The Catholic Guide to Depression to help us better understand depression and the proper treatments for the illness.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is depression?
- Can depression be treated through spiritual means alone?
- What is the impact of religious practices on the healing process?
- Who can benefit from this book?
- What are some of the causes of depression and misconceptions about depression?
- How can we distinguish between a “dark night of the soul” as opposed to depression?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- The Catholic Guide to Depression by Dr. Aaron Kheriaty
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: