Description: How does anger play a role in your life and more importantly in your salvation? Dan Burke and Melissa Elson speak with Fr. Thomas Morrow about his book Overcoming Sinful Anger: How to Master Your Emotions & Bring Peace to Your Life.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What constitutes sinful anger? Is there righteous anger?
- If someone believes anger is simply a part of his or her personality, will they ever be able to overcome angry behavior?
- What strategies can we use to overcome sinful anger?
- Can anger come from past events in life? If so, how long does it take to overcome these feelings?
- How does anger affect one’s marriage or children?
- Can anger issues affect one’s eternal salvation?
Resources for today’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Overcoming Sinful Anger: How to Master your Emotions & Bring Peace to Your Life by Father Thomas Morrow, S.T.D.
- Christian Dating in a Godless World by Father Thomas Morrow, S.T.D.
- www.cfalive.com – website for Fr. Thomas Morrow, S.T.D
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. — please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: