Today, in part one of a special two-part interview, Dan speaks with Fr. Jacques Philippe about prayer, the theological virtues and spiritual aridity.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is the most powerful prayer?
- How should the virtues of faith, hope and love be incorporated into my prayer life?
- How does reading Scripture passages help us grow in faith?
- How can we build faith, hope and love through the events of daily life?
- If we are dry in prayer and can’t meditate, should we abandon vocal and meditative prayer until the dryness passes, or is it best to maintain our original prayer routine?
- What are the causes of spiritual aridity or dryness?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- frjacquesphilippe.com – website for Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Searching for and Maintaining Peace by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Thirsting for Prayer by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Time for God by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: