Description: What is the best way to approach dating through a Catholic perspective? Dan and Melissa speak with Father Thomas Morrow about his book Christian Dating in a Godless World to gain insight.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Why should we listen to a priest give dating advice?
- What is the difference between dating and courtship?
- Is it acceptable to date just for fun?
- What is “friendship dating”?
- Is there such a thing as a single vocation or is the single state a transitional one?
- How much effort does one need to put forth to find a spouse?
- Is it a good idea to use a Catholic internet dating service to meet people?
- What are some resources for parishes to help minister to singles looking to get married?
- Why is chastity before marriage important?
Resources for today’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Christian Dating in a Godless World by Fr. Thomas Morrow
- Catholic Faith Alive! – website for Fr. Thomas Morrow
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: