Description: When tragedy, loss or failed expectations strike, how can we cope with our circumstances in a healthy, faithful way? Today, Dan and Melissa speak with author, Jeannie Ewing about her book From Grief to Grace: The Journey from Tragedy to Triumph to better understand God’s will in difficult situations.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What was the inspiration behind this book?
- How would you define grief from a Catholic perspective as opposed to how the world views grief?
- What is the difference between depression and grief?
- How can one embrace the spiritual reality of grief and suffering?
- How do we find the path to Life in the midst of suffering?
- How can we most effectively help our loved ones when they are suffering?
- How can this book help someone experiencing grief in the beginning stages of his or her spiritual journey find deeper meaning through the hardship?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- From Grief to Grace by Jeannie Ewing
- fromgrief2grace.com – website for Jeannie Ewing
- lovealonecreates.com – website for Jeannie Ewing
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: