Description: Dan and Melissa reiterate the importance of prayer commitments, deepening the life of prayer, and the critical role of discovery prayer (also known as Lectio Divina) in this process.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Why is practicing mental prayer important?
- What is the purpose of a prayer commitment?
- The first step of discovery prayer is reading a short passage of Scripture or spiritual reading.
- How is reading during discovery prayer different than everyday reading?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: