Description: Why pray? On this week’s Divine Intimacy Radio Show and Podcast, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson dive into Dan’s new book on prayer titled, Into the Deep: Finding Peace through Prayer and begin to discuss the importance of establishing a real, meaningful, lasting relationship with God.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Why Pray?
- How can we grow closer to God if we do not spend meaningful time with Him?
- Prayer leads us to holiness.
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- From the forward by Matthew Kelley: “Prayer is difficult, joyful, challenging, and life-changing. The journey into prayer, into the heart of God, is the reason we were made; it is the reason God brought us into existence…”
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. — please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: