Join Melissa Elson as she speaks with Connie Rossini about Fr. Jacques Philippe’s book Time for God focusing on ways that we can enter into, and sustain, a deep and meaningful prayer life.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- How important is perseverance in prayer and why?
- What role does the Holy Spirit play in one’s prayer life?
- What should meditation look like according to Fr. Philippe?
- Should we only read sacred Scripture during our mental prayer time or can we use other spiritual reading?
- If our hearts are moved by a particular reading during our prayer time, but we must end our prayer time before we have finished reflecting on the reading, should we return to that same reading during our next mental prayer time?
- What does St. John of the Cross have to say about the cause of dryness in prayer?
- What is the Jesus prayer and why does Fr. Philippe mention it?
- How can the rosary act as a great tool for meditation?
- At what age should one introduce children to mental prayer?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Time for God by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Authentic Contemplative Prayer – Connie Rossini’s Facebook Group
- The Contemplative Rosary by Dan Burke and Connie Rossini
- Is Centering Prayer Catholic? by Connie Rossini
- “The Avila Summit” Information and Registration
- Text “summit2018” to 38470 to save $50 on registration to The Avila Summit.
- The Ascent of Mount Carmel by St. John of the Cross
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week our co-hosts Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends and your family about the show and help us to get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: