Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with author Connie Rossini about the necessities to establishing a lasting prayer life.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Why does Fr. Philippe focus on having a strong faith as a necessary step to establishing a lasting prayer life?
- What role do feelings play in prayer?
- How can false humility drive us away from prayer?
- Why is perseverance important for spiritual growth?
- What is lacking in the spiritual lives of those who say they do not have time for prayer?
- How can prayer help us through the everyday struggles and exhaustion of life?
- If we are not practicing mental prayer, are our works for God not as meaningful?
- Can we break up our prayer time into two segments, or should we do all of our mental prayer at once?
- What should one meditate on if he or she is in the beginning stages of prayer?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Time for God by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Authentic Contemplative Prayer – Connie Rossini’s Facebook Group
- The Contemplative Rosary by Dan Burke and Connie Rossini
- Is Centering Prayer Catholic? by Connie Rossini
- The Better Part by Fr. John Bartunek
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila by Dan Burke and Dr. Anthony Lilles
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace through Prayer by Dan Burke
- The Soul of the Apostolate by Jean-Baptiste Chautard O.C.S.O.
- “The Avila Summit” Information and Registration
- Text “summit2018” to 38470 to save $50 on registration to The Avila Summit.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week our co-hosts Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!