What would it be like for the saints to confront their moral, theological, or philosophical counterparts in history? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Dr. Benjamin Wiker about his book Saints vs. Scoundrels to find the answer.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What was the motivation for choosing these particular people from history?
- Why is the book written in a dramatic context?
- How much research was involved in writing the book?
- Why are these particular saints and scoundrels paired together, especially if they came from different time periods?
- How did Dr. Wiker’s encounters with the writings of these saints and scoundrels influence his conversion to the Catholic Church?
- Do the saints all have similar personalities because they are saints?
- What can the reader gain from this book?
- Is there a pattern among the scoundrels which leads them to their erroneous thoughts and beliefs?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Saints vs. Scoundrels by Dr. Benjamin Wiker
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors, and others, about their spiritual books and other resources, and about their own insights into those resources. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, overcoming sin, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, virtue, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: