Description: Today, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson answer your questions about emotions in prayer and helping loved ones come to Christ.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Do the rules of St. Ignatius of Loyola’s discernment of spirits have anything to do with emotion in terms of consolation and desolation?
- How can I get the feeling that I am actually praying when I have to read prayers due to lack of memorization?
- How can I encourage my spouse to find peace through Christ without seeming critical?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Ignatian Spirituality Series — includes the full list of previous shows on discernment of spirits.
- Psalm 107 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!