Description: Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they answer your questions about feelings in prayer, the meaning of contemplative prayer, frustrations in life and having two spiritual directors.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Is it bad to meditate without seeing or feeling anything?
- What is contemplative prayer?
- How does God communicate with us?
- Is God really there when we’re frustrated with life?
- Can someone have more than one spiritual director?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Is Centering Prayer Catholic? by Connie Rossini
- Into the Deep by Dan Burke
- Finding God through Meditation by St. Peter of Alcántara, Edited by Dan Burke
- Searching for and Maintaining Peace by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Forty Weeks by Fr. William Watson, S.J.
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: