The Contemplative Rosary
A Meditative Method of Praying the Rosary
Discussion: Today, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson speak with Connie Rossini about the book she and Dan wrote together titled The Contemplative Rosary, and discuss meditative methods of praying the rosary to keep our focus completely on Jesus.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- This book focuses on helping people who have never prayed the rosary, those who have struggled with the rosary, and those who feel the rosary has become dry or repetitive.
- Is everyone called to contemplative prayer?
- Is contemplation something that we can work towards or a gift from God?
- Why is contemplative prayer necessary for sanctity?
- What is the definition of contemplation?
- Are distractions while praying the rosary common?
- What should we focus on while praying the rosary?
- Can vocal prayer prepare you for contemplative prayer?
- How is the contemplative rosary set up?
- How does the book help us focus on Jesus?
- What is the “clausular method” of praying the rosary?
- Must we finish the rosary or should we stop if the Lord calls us to contemplate Him before we have completed our prayers?
- EWTN Religious Catalog – www.EWTNRC.com
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- The Contemplative Rosary by Dan Burke and Connie Rossini
- www.contemplativehomeschool.com – Connie Rossini’s website
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: