Description: Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they answer your questions about spiritual consolations, feelings, expectations in the interior life, and confusion in the Church.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Does Dan give speaking events outside of the United States?
- Why should we not desire consolations in prayer?
- What happens if we go to prayer expecting consolations?
- What role do feelings play in the spiritual life?
- God has left us guidance in the interior life through the lives of the saints so that we may know what to expect in order to spiritually mature.
- What should we do if we are becoming troubled by news about the Pope and confusion in the Church?
- How can we determine if a spiritual director is a good fit?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Abandonment to Divine Providence: The Classic Text with a Spiritual Commentary by Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade, Commentary by Dennis Billy
- Searching for and Maintaining Peace by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: