Spiritual Progress, Contemplation, & Papal Questions
Description: Today Dan and Melissa answer your questions about hindrances to our spiritual progress, the meaning of contemplative prayer, and our responsibility in dealing with matters involving the papacy.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What sorts of problems hinder our spiritual progress? What moves God to bring us closer to Him?
- How does one begin contemplative prayer?
- What subject matter or beginning prayers should be used when starting a mental prayer routine?
- How does one discern between spiritual attacks and spiritual crosses?
- How should we respond to the Pope’s statements and teachings?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep – Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the arrow below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show: