Today, in part two of a special two-part interview Dan speaks with Fr. Jacques Philippe about establishing a successful prayer life and entering into contemplation.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What are a few of the most common pitfalls or difficulties that lay people experience in prayer and how can they be avoided?
- Poverty and humility in prayer is most affective in building a strong prayer life.
- A successful prayer life takes time, commitment and determination.
- If my life is very busy, how much time should I devote to prayer daily?
- Should we allow ourselves be discouraged if we fail in our attempt to establish a prayer routine?
- If we feel that God is trying to speak through our religious studies, how should we respond?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- frjacquesphilippe.com – website for Fr. Jacques Philippe
- In the School of the Holy Spirit by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Interior Freedom by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Searching for and Maintaining Peace by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Thirsting for Prayer by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Time for God by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- www.sisterservants.org – website for Casa Maria Convent and Retreat House
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: