Description: How does St. Thérèse of Lisieux remain so spiritually motivated all of the time? This week Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles focus on one of the secrets to St. Thérèse’s spiritual success: keeping her eyes fixed on Jesus.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How does St. Thérèse overcome moments of weakness in her spiritual life?
- We must not always try to conquer our weaknesses, but humbly accept them and surrender them to the Lord.
- What is the difference between Godward self-awareness and self-absorption?
- What can we do to turn our thoughts back to Jesus when we become consumed in our weaknesses?
- Jesus is aching and yearning for our hearts. Our hearts need to be moved by this thirst of Jesus.
- Jesus sees us as precious and the object of his divine affection.
- How does St. Thérèse manage “spiritual success” by keeping her eyes fixed on Jesus?
Resources for today’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: