30 Days with Teresa of Avila
Day 22 Reflections
Divine Intimacy Radio
Dan and Melissa discuss the impact of suffering on prayer and how to differentiate true prayer from manufactured prayer. Listen as they reflect on letters from St. Teresa from the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Where does suffering come from?
- Why does God allow suffering?
- Where is God in our suffering?
- The impact of suffering on prayer.
- How to pray effectively in the midst of profound physical suffering.
- True prayer vs. manufactured prayer.
- What is the goal of true prayer?
- How we can make vocal prayer contemplative.
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles
- Job – USCCB Bible link
- John 9 – USCCB Bible link
- Romans 8:26-27 – USCCB Bible link
- 1 Kings 18 – Elijah and the prophets of Baal – USCCB Bible link
- Rosarium Virginis Mariae (Rosary of the Virgin Mary) – Pope St. John Paul II Apostolic Letter on the Rosary
- The Sorrowful Mysteries of the Holy Rosary – EWTN.com
- Is it Possible to Pray at the Speed of Light? Dan Burke spiritualdirection.com post
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s new books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life.