- During this episode, Dan and Melissa discuss the struggle with discouragement as Lent is well underway.
- Discouragement is not of God. If you are working hard to bring yourself to God, you can be assured, he is pleased with you.
- Falling away from your Lenten commitments is human. God knows this and is waiting for us to return to Him with a loving embrace.
- Dan and Melissa discuss the importance of confession.
- Offer your intentions at Mass for strength to fulfill your Lenten commitments.
- If you find your Lenten commitments might be more than you can handle, discuss with your spiritual director and either persevere or reassess your goals.
- Perseverance is a key characteristic in overcoming sins and temptations and is a common trait among all of the saints.
- A daily examination of conscience is an important habit to undertake.
- Spiritual Direction website has a guide for seven steps for a daily examen.
- Dan and Melissa thoroughly discuss each step of the examen: Opening Prayer, Gratitude, Petition, Review, Forgiveness, Renewal, and Closing Prayer.
- Guide for Daily Examen
- Divine Intimacy – Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen, O.C.D. – #96 “Proof of Love”
- For call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s new books, Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: