Catholic Spiritual Direction has come a long way from an idea to a substantive reality. The idea was that the people of God are hungry for God and that the best way to satisfy that hunger (after the sacraments of course) is through the unfathomable riches of faithful spiritual guidance of the Church. We didn’t know how people would respond. We found out. We went from a few friends reading the blog on a weekly basis to around 20,000 visits every month! Could you imagine if we were a kiosk in a mall? We would be on the news!
Even more amazing to me has been the discovery of the geographic distribution of our readers. This past year alone we have had visitors from more than 8,500 cities from most continents and countries of the world. This includes those who live in places where Catholics who identify themselves publicly are likely to face severe persecution. For some, we are the sole source of regular spiritual inspiration that they could otherwise never afford access to.
We are overwhelmed by the privilege of serving the Church in this way.
What about you? Would you like to be a part of this mission? Here are a few ways you can help:
- Send us your questions: Send your questions about the spiritual life to Questions@myavila.com. I promise you that thousands of others will be delighted to know that someone else shares the same struggles as they do and that there are answers out there that can and will lead them into a deeper relationship with Christ.
- Pray!: Watch the map light up across the world each day and pray for the other readers as they seek to know and love Christ more fully.
- Tell Others: Send a link to a friend who you think might benefit from any of the posts.
- Support Us Financially: 99% of this site is funded by me and our webmaster. About 1% of the expenses are covered by donors who give small amounts every month. We are extremely grateful for all we receive. We would love to do more but our primary limitation is funding. If you are interested in helping us further this mission, just click here or on the “Donate” button in the upper right. No amount is too small. If every one of our regular readers gave only $5 per month, we could:
- Hire a full or part-time editor to constantly compile and provide a steady stream of content from the great treasure chest of faith that is the Church
- Impact the lives of tens of thousands more Catholics who use the internet as a primary means to explore and understand their faith
- Incorporate as a non-profit
- Begin to develop and sponsor local seminars on prayer and the interior life.
As you can see, the opportunities are endless. The cost of reaching people through this medium is very inexpensive compared to many other means of evangelization.
Thank you for your help – in whatever form it comes. We are grateful.
Seek Him – Find Him – Follow Him