Wisdom of the Carmelites and dealing with crisis.
Explore the wisdom of the Carmelites as Dan Burke answers your questions regarding dealing with the crisis in the Church, mental prayer, consolations, mortification of the senses and infused recollection.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- How do we know where the true shepherds reside within the Church in light of the current scandals?
- What does St. John of the Cross say about the mortification of the senses?
- How much should reading play a role in mental prayer especially when one is experiencing dryness in prayer?
- What is the difference between consolation in prayer and the work of the Holy Spirit moving one’s heart in prayer toward virtue, contrition, gratitude, etc.?”
- What should one do when he or she comes from a culture that insists on acting a certain way towards enemies of the family?
- What is the difference between infused recollection and infused contemplation?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Ascent of Mount Carmel by St. John of the Cross
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- Fire of Mercy, Heart of the Word, Vol.1 by Erasmo Leiva-Merikakis
- I Am a Daughter of the Church, Vol.1 by Fr. P. Marie-Eugene, O.C.D.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: