Domestic monastery and altars in the home.
Join Dan and Stephanie Burke as they answer questions from listeners about suffering, setting up a domestic monastery, and self-esteem.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Do we have to suffer in order for our prayers to be pleasing to God?
- How can we make a domestic monastery in the home in a practical sense for a family with young children or teenagers?
- What makes a prayer space or altar in the home successful?
- How can I build up my self-esteem and still trust God with everything? Does God want us to have high self-esteem? Does humility lower our self-esteem?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: