Forty Anti-Catholic Lies Part 4
Why do Catholics call priests Father? Why do Catholics confess their sins to a priest instead of directly to God? Do Catholics really worship Mary? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson in part four of their interview with Dr. Gerard Verschuuren about his book, Forty Anti-Catholic Lies to debunk these myths.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Jesus says to call no man father, so why do Catholics call priests Father?
- Why do Catholics confess their sins to priests instead of confessing them to God directly?
- Are Catholics also Christians?
- Do Catholics really worship Mary?
- How can Catholics say that Mary was conceived without sin?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Forty Anti-Catholic Lies by Dr. Gerard Verschuuren
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please kindly leave your name, your location, and your question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: