Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they answer questions from listeners about praying the Liturgy of the Hours, discerning God’s voice in prayer, and the definition of contemplation.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- When praying the Liturgy of the Hours, if you are struck by the reading, should you continue to pray the rest of the prayers or keep meditating on that particular thought or inspiration?
- How do religious brothers, sisters, and priests fulfill their obligation to pray the Liturgy of the Hours without the prayers becoming repetitive or meaningless?
- How can one discern whether or not a thought or inspiration is coming from God?
- What is the difference between the Ignatian definition and Carmelite definition of contemplation and who is correct?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep by Dan Burke
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week our co-hosts Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends and your family about the show and help us to get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: